雅思口语|与Rose相关的常见表达,不止是玫瑰花哦!

2020-12-01 11:26:27来源:网络作者: 小羊阅读量:

  雅思口语|与Rose相关的常见表达,不止是玫瑰花哦!很多词语学生在学习时只记了它的第一意思,殊不知还有很多的意思是大家不知道的,下面一起来看看有关Rose的常见口语表达:

雅思口语|与Rose相关的常见表达,不止是玫瑰花哦!
图片来源网络

  a bed of roses 一帆风顺

  An easy, comfortable situation.

  You didn't think your new job in computer programming was going to be a bed of roses, did you?

  你不会以为你新的编程工作会一帆风顺吧?

  Who said life would be a bed of roses?

  谁说生活会是一帆风顺?

  (as) red as a rose

  红脸,面红耳赤

  Extremely flushed and red, especially in the face, as from embarrassment, anger, or physical strain.

  My father was as red as a rose by the time we reached the top of the hill. 每次爬到山顶,我爸爸都是满脸通红。

  Oh, Mike definitely likes you—he turns red as a rose every time you're around!

  Mike肯定喜欢你——每次你在旁边他脸就红了起来。

  be (not) all moonlight and roses

  浪漫的

  To be very enjoyable and pleasant, especially of a romantic situation. This phrase is often used in the negative to emphasize difficulties in a romantic relationship.

  I thought that dating an actress would be all moonlight and roses, but she travels so much that I hardly ever see her.

  我原以为找个女演员当女朋友会非常浪漫,但她总是到处走以致于我几乎看不到她。

  Living with a boyfriend or girlfriend is not all moonlight and roses, you know.

  同居并不总是浪漫满屋,你懂的。

  bring the roses to (one's) cheeks

  使人焕发活力

  To make one vigorous and healthful, or to make them appear as such.

  Nothing will bring the roses to your cheeks like a little bit of exercise every day.

  每天哪怕做一点运动,都可以让你活力满满。

  I drink a small glass of red wine each evening to bring the roses to my cheeks.

  我每天晚上喝一杯红酒来保持好的状态。

  look (at something) through rose-colored spectacles

  乐观看待

  To assume a generally optimistic and cheerful attitude (toward something); to focus only or mostly on the positive aspects (of something)

  I know nostalgia can be misleading, but I really look at my childhood through rose-colored spectacles.

  我知道怀旧可能会误导人,但我真的只关注我童年中美好的事物。

  It seems like Mary only looks through rose-colored spectacles, like she's in incapable of dealing with the negative things in life!

  Mary看上去只关注乐观的东西,她好像没能力处理生活中任何负面的东西!

  (there's) no rose without a thorn

  没有不带刺的玫瑰;没有十全十美的事情

  There is rarely a good or positive person, thing, or situation that does not have some negative or unpleasant aspect (i.e., just as a rose, which is beautiful, has harmful thorns).

  Our teacher is usually very supportive and patient, but if you mess around in her class, she'll tear you a new one. There's no rose without thorns, I guess.

  我们老师通常都很支持我们,也很耐心,但如果你在她的课上捣乱,她会让你见识一下她的厉害。所以我觉得任何事情都是有两面的。

  You can’t just get all the benefits without paying a cost. There’s no rose without a thorn.

  你不可能什么代价都没有就得到所有的好处。哪里有那么好的事情。

相关文章

更多栏目

热门文章